25/01/2013 at 6:35 PM #9983Rob1965Keymaster
Terms and Conditions
1) You MUST bring both parts of your Driving Licence (Photocard & Paper Counterpart) Sensible clothing. We advise denim jeans and sturdy footwear.
2) All training costs shall be paid in advance of each course/lesson.Payments can be made online through Paypal, over the phone by credit/debit cards or by cash at our office.
3) If the student is unable to attend or cancels the course or is unable to complete any course for any reason other than default on the part of Rjh Driver & Rider Training Ltd, no refund will be given in respect of the course.
4) Training starts at 8.15am for CBT (unless specified otherwise during booking) Note we lock the centre at 8.30am to commence training as we cannot wait for late candidates, so please be punctual. In this event you could lose your training fee. You are required to attend on time so please allow sufficient time for your journey to us. In particular CBT group session courses are regulated by legislation, they have a pre-set modular syllabus therefore they cannot be delayed or postponed for an individual. Late attendance can lead to you missing your training session and your fees being lost. We cannot offer refunds or compensation for missed training sessions or tests. Our courses are sold as a package and we cannot offer refunds for part elements/tests not attended.
5) It is a Legal requirement that a valid UK driving licence be shown for CBT. Photocard and Counterpart must be present. The lesson will not continue without the students licence present and no refund will be given.
6) In the event of mechanical breakdown or other cause, Rjh Driver & Rider Training Ltd reserves the right to re-arrange/rebook any course at the earliest convenient time.
7) If the student is unable to attend or cancels the course or is unable to complete any course for any reason other than default on the part of Rjh Driver & Rider Training Ltd, no refund will be given in respect of said course.
8) Rjh Driver & Rider Training Ltd accepts no liability for any claim, loss, damage or expense arising out of acts/omissions of Rjh Driver & Rider Training Ltd, its employees/agents.
9) Failure to take correct documents for DSA tests:- The DSA will not test you if you fail to have full valid documents with you. In this event you will be liable to pay for another Mod1 or/and Mod2 tests plus further bike and instructor hire charges.
10) Weather conditions and Instructor illness:- We train all year round however we will not be able to train you in adverse conditions ie Ice, Settled Snow, Fog, High Winds, and in our opinion conditions which could comprise safety. If we have to cancel training due to the weather or instructor illness we will offer the nearest alternative priority dates without fee losses. Please bear in mind if your on a full licence course you may lose a Mod 1 or Mod 2 test fee if there was insufficient time (4 working days) to cancel these appointments.
11) Licence:- UK Photocard licence holders must bring both parts that’s the photo card and its paper counterpart D740. Older Style UK paper licence holders must bring the licence plus a valid passport for ID purposes. Northern Ireland licence holders must bring both parts of the licence. EU licence holders must bring the EU licence plus a GB counterpart licence D58/2 .The licence must show provisional Cat “A” entitlement motorcycle or P moped 50cc and be in date. A temporary UK licence (D441) with a valid passport is permitted for CBT but not for full DSA tests. All documents must be original, photo copies are not permitted. International licences are not permitted.
12) Own Bike :- You may use your own bike for CBT training please ensure that its legal, has tax disc displayed and has L-plates fitted. We will need to see your insurance and Mot certificates. Remember that it would be an offence to ride on the public road to us if you without a current CBT so you will need to arrange a collection/delivery at your expense. If you fail to bring your documents it might possible to hire one of our vehicles on the day, if this is not possible a rebooking fee would apply. If you want to use your own big bike for DAS training please contact us to make arrangements.
13) Clothing:- Please dress for the time of year and the activity. We would suggest that you wear denim jeans and sturdy footwear. We can provide a safety helmet, gloves, jacket, boots, day-glow tabard, and water resistance leggings. You may choose to wear your own equipment, if so helmets must meet ECE 22.05 or BS6658. Followers of the Sikh religion are not required by law to wear a helmet, however many of our Sikh customers choose to wear a head scarf /bandana under a helmet. If you are taking a full test with the DSA you will need to be wearing suitable clothing and motorcycle boots, otherwise they will not conduct the test and you would lose the test fee. Please check with us.
14) Non/poor English speaking:- To participate in training you will need a reasonable command of the English language, if this is not the case you must advise us and you will need to bring along a friend who is fluent to act as your interpreter. The interpreter will need to be with you for the full duration of the course and will need to ride pillion on the Instructors bike during any road ride element. If its found that we cannot communicate with you correctly and you have not provided an interpreter this would compromise your safety. In this event we will not be able to train you and the course will be terminated and fees would be forfeit. If the course is started without an interpreter but it becomes apparent that your lack of communication is compromising your safety and progress you will need to be rebooked to continue the course at a later date on the basis that you bring an interpreter with you.
15) Highway Code :- Although no formal test is given on a CBT course it is essential that you read a Highway Code prior to training. You will need up to date knowledge of the code its rules, traffic signs and regulations. You will be riding on public roads as part of your training and will need to demonstrate to your instructor correct safe procedures. Failure to do so may cause the training to be stopped and would result in the loss of fees.
16) Balance/Height:- In order to participate in training you will need to have the balance to ride a bicycle and additionally you will need for your feet to be able to comfortably reach the ground on our machines, for persons under 5ft ish its best to arrange to visit us prior to making a booking. If its found that your balance/height would compromise your safety, we will not be able to train you the course will be stopped and fees would be lost.
17) Eyesight :- It is a legal requirement to be able to read a number plate from a minimum distance of 20.5 metres with or without glasses or contacts, which must be worn throughout your training.. You must ensure you can meet this standard, you will be given an eyesight test from this distance. If you fail to meet this legal standard we will not be able to train you and your fees would be lost.
18) Fitness :- If you have any medical condition including pregnancy, physical impairment or mental illness that may prevent you from safely participating in rider training you must bring this to the attention of Rjh Driver & Rider Training Ltd prior to making a booking. You may be required to provide us with written evidence from a medical practitioner as to you suitability to train. Failure to disclose information to us could invalidate insurance cover and the loss of any fees paid.
19) While using the company’s bikes for training you are covered by third party insurance cover. However there is an excess on the policy of the first £350.00 which the trainee is liable for, in the event of any damage. Any malicious damage would also be chargeable. All instruction, training and riding is completely at your own risk .In common with most training schools we do not provide personal accident or life insurance cover so we strongly recommend you obtain suitable cover.
20) Car parking and our office:- Car and bike parking is plentiful and free. Your car/bike and your property are left at our site and office at your own risk and we will not be liable to and claims or losses.
Conduct and behaviour
Rjh Driver & Rider Training Ltd reserves the right to terminate training and any further tuition at any time- should an instructor, member of staff or any third party be subject to violence, physical or verbal assault or threatening behaviour. Additionally if a customer shows an unsuitable or aggressive attitude, or is riding our vehicles dangerously or taking risks that could endanger themselves or others the training would also be terminated. In these events all fees would be lost.
Rjh Driver & Rider Training Ltd reserve the right to refuse training to any person or to transfer to a more suitable course should it become necessary.
Traffic offences: customers are liable for any parking tickets, traffic offences, prosecutions, points, and fines which they may commit/incur whilst riding our machines.
Drink and Drugs :- If your instructor suspects that you are under the influence of either Drink or Drugs the course will be terminated with no refund of fees
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.